The share capital of Ferrari amounted to €2,573 thousand, comprising 193,923,499 common shares and 63,349,112 special voting shares, all with nominal value of €0.01 per share, as at December 31, 2020. At the same date, Ferrari held 9,175,609 common shares and 2,190 special voting shares in treasury.
|As of December 31, 2020||No. common shares|
|No. common shares issued||193,923,499|
|No. common shares held in treasury||9,175,609|
|No. outstanding common shares||184,747,890|
SPECIAL VOTING SHARES
|As of December 31, 2020||No. special voting shares|
|No. special voting shares issued||63,349,112|
|No. special voting shares held in treasury||2,190|
|No. outstanding special voting shares||63,346,922|
Common shares of Ferrari are listed and can be traded under the ticker RACE on both the NYSE and the MTA. For more information please see the “Stock Info” section.
Major holders of common shares
Shareholder(1) - As of February 15, 2021 % of outstanding common shares Exor N.V.(2)(6)
Mr. Piero Ferrari(2)(6)
T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc.(3)
Other public shareholders
Total outstanding common shares
|Shareholder(5) - As of February 15, 2021||% of outstanding special voting shares||% of voting rights|
|Mr. Piero Ferrari(2)(6)||29.82%||15.23%|
|Total outstanding special voting shares||100.0%||100.0%|
(1) The percentages of share capital set out in this table are calculated as the ratio of (i) the aggregate number of outstanding common shares beneficially owned by the shareholder to (ii) the total number of outstanding common shares (net of treasury shares) of Ferrari. These percentages may slightly differ from the percentages of share capital included in the public register held by the AFM of all notifications made pursuant to the disclosure obligations under chapter 5.3 of the Dutch Act on financial supervision (the “AFS”), inter alia, because any shares held in treasury by Ferrari are included in the relevant denominators for purposes of the AFS disclosure obligations
(2) Each of Exor and Piero Ferrari participate in the loyalty voting program of Ferrari. As of February 15, 2021 Exor owned 44,435,280 special voting shares and Mr. Ferrari owned 18,892,160 special voting shares. Therefore, their voting power in Ferrari is higher than the percentage of common shares beneficially held as presented in this table.
(3) Based on filings with the SEC (Amendment No. 1 to Schedule 13G filed on February 14, 2018, File No. 005-89223), T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. is an investment adviser registered under Section 203 of the U.S. Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Based on subsequent filings with the SEC, out of the common shares beneficially owned as set forth in the table, T. Rowe Price associates, Inc. has sole voting power over 4,296,760 common shares.
(4) Holdings as of February 11, 2021 based on latest filings with the AFM. Based on filings with the SEC (schedule 13G filed by BlackRock, Inc. on February 2, 2021, File No. 005-89223), BlackRock, Inc. is a parent holding company or control person in accordance with Rule 13d-1(b)(1)(ii)(G).
(5) The percentages of voting rights set out in this table may slightly differ from the percentages of share capital and voting rights included in the public register held by the AFM of all notifications made pursuant to the disclosure obligations under chapter 5.3 of the Dutch Act on financial supervision (the “AFS”), inter alia, because any shares held in treasury by Ferrari are included in the relevant denominators for purposes of the AFS disclosure obligations, although such treasury shares cannot be regarded to be part of Ferrari’s “outstanding share capital” and therefore have not been taken into consideration for the calculations of the percentages of share capital and voting rights set out in this table.
(6) Exor N.V. and Mr. Piero Ferrari informed Ferrari that they have entered into a shareholder agreement, summarized under “Item 7.A. Major Shareholders and Related Party Transactions—Major Shareholders—Shareholders’ Agreement” contained in the Form 20-F for the year ended December 31, 2020.